Each partner country implemented 3-4 focus group discussions during spring – winter 2018, in order to discuss crucial topics to be included in the Clap course. Participants of these focus groups were professionals within areas of arts, healthcare, and or had worked with artists with disabilities. Further, each partner country discussed within the focus groups, the state of the art of existing supports, activities, possibilities and institutions welcoming artists with disabilities in respective country, and what improvements needs to take place regarding respective area. The main discussion concerned what type of skills and competencies should the Clap course offer the trainees who work with persons with disabilities in order for them to contribute to their labor inclusion and professionalization through arts and culture.
In conjunction with the focus group discussions, each partner country interviewed 8-10 artists with various types of disabilities in order to gain knowledge about possible existing barriers (internal as well as external) on the way to get to where they are today, inclusion in the arts as of perceived by the artists, and recommendations for institutions and other persons with disabilities who would like to become a professional within arts.
- Focus Group – Llavaneres
- Focus Group – Fundacion Maresme
- Focus Group – Sercotel
- Focus Group – Pedralbes
Clap Hands Course
Construction of a specialized training module for professionals who supervise persons with disabilities in artistic activities and in the capacity of accompany towards professionalization processes in the crafts and culture.
From the contributions obtained by the intellectual productions O1, O2, O3 we will build a training for the following professionals:
- Social workers who already have an approach to supporting people with disabilities, engaged in artistic support practices and who especially need to qualify on the professional aspects.
- Professionals from the field of art who wish to specialize in intervention with people with disabilities.
This training can be applied both in the initial training by integrating as an option in the regulatory programs (with an equivalent of ECVET) as in continuing education (skills approach)
This training will be divided into 3 main areas:
- Relating to core competencies ( digital, communication, networks ,…..)
- Relating to the skills of the artistic professions
- Relating to the specificity of people with disabilities knowing that these situations are very diverse and therefore require very diverse responses.
Two types of training modules can be defined:
- Elements of prerequisites for social workers in initial training
- More advanced content for social workers in post by mixing with the public artists interested in social work.
The construction of the training module consists in defining:
- Set of activities: what are the activities of the professional who supervises or accompanies the process of professionalization
- Set of competencies: what are the competencies that it must acquire for perform these activities
- Set of contents: by what training contents, what pedagogical issues we need to acquire this competencies
- Certification tools: how are we going to validate that competences are acquired.
The construction of the activity set will be based on
- Interviews with professionals practicing these activities
- The selection of relevant good practices O2 realized thanks to the social networks and the workshops of mediation to the artistic professionalization
- The O3 selection of relevant O3 collection of criteria for professionalization and competencies needed
- Specific contributions requested from participants O1
Selection of target from CLAP direct targets:
- Specialists in initial training
- Social workers in continuing education
- Professionals/coach / supervisor of people with disabilities
- Associated artistic teams
- Trainers supervising activities training in the training of social workers
- Trainers (from the sector of protected work, art and culture)
- Responsible for the animation of the disability sector
- Coordinators of artistic production and supervisor health an social care.
- Professional Artist
|1||What is CLAP- HANDS results and Competences.|
|4||Ways to develop a professional life.|
|Activity name||Competence||Related content||Methodology||Session Time|
|Introduced to objectives of CLAP HANDS||Unit 1||Module 1||Face to Face||1h|
|Evaluation of competences and skills of the participants based on project.||Unit 1||Module 1||Face to Face||1h|
|Good Practices.||Unit 1||Module 1||Face to Face||1h|
|Define a profile and examples.||Unit 1||Module 1||Face to Face||1h|
|Identify what competences do you have and which need to improve||Unit 1||Module 2||Face to Face||1h|
|How do you improve||Unit 1||Module 2||Face to Face||1h.15m|
|Witch channels do you need to know for promote the people.||Unit 1||Module 3||Face to Face||1h.3m|
|Know the regulations.||Unit 1||Module 3||Face to Face||1h.3m|
|Some examples about good practices.||Unit 1||Module 3||Face to Face||1h.3m|
|Show the all possibilities.||Unit 1||Module 4||Face to Face||1h|
|Defining a profile and planning for include to Laboral works in art.||Unit 1||Module 4||Face to Face||2h|
|Evaluation and conclusions, next steps.||Unit 1||Module 4||Face to Face||1h|
The Creative Lab Network is a social network for artists, social workers and institutions that work and want to share experiences and their know-how while working on the professionalization of disable people through art and artistic practices. If you want to join, please fill out this form